I was knitting along with Downton Abbey, I had a reasonable size glass of wine with me for sipping.
But I was up against a few personal challenges with this pattern:
- First time chart reader.
- Slippery needles and yarn combination (Addi US13 and Jo Sharp's Mohair)
- YO purling, I don't think I've needed to do this before. (love online videos for things like this.)
- Backing out mohair.
If you haven't figured it out, I make a lot of mistakes and this is essential.
I started to find success with the pattern. And then I seemed to be off a stitch? I thought I fixed it again, and held it up.
It seemed. Ugly. I really think it's something about the yarn. Was the yarn so beat up from my mistakes? Possibly. But it also didn't look nice laying against a background. It was OK held up to the light.
I sat there last night, a little moody and stared at it the day after.
I swear it wasn't the wine. But this didn't look right. But I enjoyed trying the pattern. I wanted to continue the pattern, but I didn't know if I had the inner strength to battle with this mohair. Or with mohair in general.
I decided to take it off the needles.
I stopped and freed myself of frustration.
3 questions remain:
- Will this pattern look good in another yarn/weight?
- If not, am I willing to go to Mohair land alone (single stranded) again?
- What will I knit for the KAL in it's place as I determine the answers to the above two questions?