Monday, February 12, 2018

Buttermilk Biscuits




Since a few of you asked about the buttermilk biscuit recipe. I thought I'd post the link/recipe I used.



Here are a few notes from me.

1. I melt one stick of butter for the actual batter in a small sauce pan to add to my chilled buttermilk. While the biscuits are baking I melt an additional tablespoon to then brush on the finished product. Melting all 9 tablespoons to then divide after seems silly to me, but whatever works for you.

2. My oven doesn't do well over 400 degrees. I rent so getting a new oven isn't really an option and I want my landlord to like me so I do not ask/request much. So I baked them at 400. I just kept an eye on them for the timing. Not a problem. I check them at about the 15 minute mark. If you are not sure how your oven runs, check at 10 mins then 15 and watch the color.

3. I've used these for breakfast sandwiches, fried chicken sandwiches, plain as a side or in the morning just with jam. They definitely stand up by themselves. There are only 3 of us in the apartment so I keep them in a ziplock bag. I will often put them in a fridge if I'm worried about them going off/stale and then toast them back up in the toaster oven. I don't know bread storage rules so I just make up my own.



I think I've posted about this breakfast bread as well that I converted into biscuits, but just in case... Really lovely served with soft scrambled eggs with sauteed veggies. I take the batter and ice cream scoop it into a muffin pan :)

For those of you trying to determine what the posset is like I would say it's a citrus cream with the texture of pudding? Smooth and bright. I highly recommend regular lemons instead of Meyers or mix with the meyers to avoid being too sweet.

14 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. That is just brilliant. I am going to have to give that a go. "Alexa, put buttermilk on the shopping list....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they look just amazing. I have to work at maintenance ALL the time now. But im saving your recipe for a special family day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are BEAUTIFUL biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good biscuits are like a trip to heaven - I think I'll give these a try! (I'm hungry for some right now ...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, I want a biscuit with my tea because these look yummy. What a brilliant idea to make the breakfast bread muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both muffins look so good. I love your idea of making muffins out of the bread recipe - excellent!! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was the biscuit maker at Hardee's(Carl's) during summer breaks from college. Man I made the best biscuits. But trying to cut down that recipe to normal family consumption was a fail. Will try your favorite recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Homer Simpson would day : "Mmmmmmmm Biscuits"

    Boosting the metabolism of your body is an effective method to burn more calories. Visit the blog BestMetabolismBoosters.com to get a free ebook which will help you to achieve your weight loss objectives.

    Rules which usually are really strict when slimming down need to be let go of....It's true that self-discipline may get results, but you have to be very careful. Whenever discipline is extreme, you will likely stop before losing all the excess weight. Of course, sweets are certainly not good for you but you should have some if perhaps that's what you actually want. As long as you don't eat way too much, this ought to end up being fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! I can't wait to try these, and luckily there is buttermilk in our fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh snap, these all look delicious! You are a baking magician. I have to try to make this biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum!!!!!! I want to live in a corner of your kitchen....you produce the BEST looking things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I visit your blog- I feel like I am starving. Drool-city!
    Now I want a fried chicken sandwich with those biscuits.

    ReplyDelete