I have lost a sock.
Yes, remember that Christmas Sock 2017 that I knit but had gotten stuck in a tangle? Well earlier this week, I hung out with my friend Mrs. B. and her sister, Kate. Kate loosened it up with her magic hands and ... I was off knitting again. I brought the other sock with me for some reason, probably to keep my crap together.
So as I was back on track with the leg of my 2nd sock -- while taking a break from handwarmer knitting I realized I couldn't remember how many rows I knit for the leg. So, I went to dig out sock #1 to count and reconcile. Well I couldn't count.
It is no where to be found.
I asked Mrs. B. if perhaps I left it at her house. Negative.
I am hoping it turns up somewhere, but I am preparing myself I may have to play some yarn chicken and reknit it.
Something exciting happened today. My cousin in Colorado texted me that her youngest son who I knit a hat for when he was just a baby really liked the hat, but it was getting too small and would I consider making another in a larger size.
So guess what I'm working on this weekend?
I pulled a groin muscle over the weekend and have not been able to exercise properly since Sunday.
I'm resting. I'm stretching as much as I can. I'm knitting. (I have some ends to weave in, but I'll have 2 more pairs of hand warmers to share shortly). I baked a Chai Cinnamon Swirl Cake.
It was ok. the bake was not even enough.
I also got rid of 2 boxes of STUFF in my apartment. There is so much more to go through and get rid of but I'm pleased with any amount of unnecessary moving out.
Everyone's blogs have me all excited to knit as much as I can. Following other people's leads I am focusing on knitting from my stash in 2018:
- Lunar New Year red hand warmers for Mama Chang (my friend's mother who always sends me curry soup!)
- Pre-Schooler hat for my dear little cousin.
- TinCan Knits Gramps sweater. I have to finish one of these in the name of Chrisknits because I know she loves this pattern. For some reason, I struggle with it.
- Flaum for a friend of mine who looks good in everything and is perpetually elegant and modern.
- Ellen Cardigan
- A Throw
- A box of socks!! I want to knit all the socks! It may be a small box since I do not plan to knit them all for myself, but who cares! I love socks, I love boxes, it'll work out!