Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Click Clack Go The Needles

I would be lost without knitting. I try to work things out on my needles. It helps w/my anxiety.

My mantra these days is "Heal, heal, calm, calm." It really is effective with a K2P2 (knit 2, purl 2) ribbing combination. :)

I wish my father knitted. He could use some of that productive, calming methodology in his life. I think he's been bamboozled by retirement and his health. I think he's a little lost.

His best friend died at 55 years old after 7 year fight with cancer. He was at peace at the end. I think this helps my father grieve. He is giving a speech at the service today. I called him to let him know I was thinking of him and his BFF. I told my father I loved him and to stay strong. I could hear him fighting the tears. I quickly got off the phone.

Sometimes when I try to help I think I do more harm.

Click Clack go the needles. I can hear them now, "Heal, heal, calm, calm, knit, knit, purl, purl."

I had an appointment out in a part of town I am not usually by. I managed my anxiety with a little knitting while waiting around. I'm such a chicken. If tuna is the chicken of the sea, then I'm chicken of the life. ha! Anyways, I had to get strategic the night before about what to bring with me. Aidez requires too much thought. The diaper pants are in a weird place without the correct needles. And the Wonder Blanket aka The Monster is just too mighty to be towing about. Naturally this means a new project must be created.

Hence, Holiday Koffee Klatch Hat numero trois (yes, I see the contradiction).
 It's just the beginning. Yes, more ribbing :) But we're going places I tell you.

After my appointment, there is a little yarn shop Atelier around the corner.  Such a cute store, with lovely people and of course lovely yarn. 

I was just going for those US 6 16 inchers you know ... but look what I walked out with!
Venice Hand Painted -- gotta check the tags again.

Oh happy days!

I have some holiday knitting plans for these two. They gave me a pattern for a lovely cowl and the kind owner let me take a picture of the other colors, so I can decide what to make for myself down the line. 

The yarn makes me smile. I decided to ride that feeling so I picked up The Kid early for an afternoon feast. (I also hadn't eaten all day out of anxiety so win win) 

Root Beer Float & Library Books


No comments:

Post a Comment