Wednesday, December 19, 2012

More Downton Abbey Excitement

I love to see what other knitters are up to. I usually follow the links from one knitting blog to another. I find such interesting things. Knitters reaffirm my faith in humanity. It is something I am particularly grateful for this holiday season.

Anyhow, look what I found at luvinthemommyhood:

downton abbey knit along

Yay! She's got a whole post on the plans for a Downton Abbey knit along. I'm going to do the Jimmy Bean's Wool knit along as well. So the question for me is this two projects or one? I have been eyeing shawl patterns lately.

I feel shawls are very Downton, non? This one in particular has been calling me:

from Vogue Knitting 2012










It's the # 29 Textured Shawl. I love the fact this is knit with US 13 size needles with Mohair. I am hoping it's a lofty airy pattern, lofty and airy (a quick knit at the very least). I can see Mary rocking this for a little Matthew in the firelight quality time, heh.

Then again, I've been wanting to do this one for quite a while. It's got that lace, period feel, but on the other hand has a bit of a modern spin that I like, especially if given the proper colors.

Oh options!

But the knit along is definitely going to be a Shawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment