1) I cannot count and cast on in dark colors after 10 pm. I started things to find out I was ... wrong, and it has been restarted twice and ripped out twice. I am letting it ... rest, while I work out my remedial math a little earlier in a day with more time ... and maybe light.
2) I knit Autumn in New York, with the intention of giving it to a local charity. I gave a call to someone I used to work with at the local APS, remembering they have an emergency pantry for the elderly and disabled adults who could use a little extra warmth. Anyhow, they said they'd be happy to take a hat.
But, one hat? I felt like a loser. So I dug up a few other homeless knits I had laying around and one of the old pals from the office knitting group brought me over one ...and I decided I needed one more quick knit. So I think this is some spare Gryffindor yellow that is in progress to be just one more hat.
3) My son's 5th grade teacher is SO nice. My son and his classmates seem to be enjoying school and learning and remain respectful of her and each other. This is very important to me. I feel like teachers get such a lot of crap. It is important that respect for teaching authority is instilled not just in school, but at home, and is expected in the community, which includes your own classmates. [/end rant]
Anyways, I just wanted to give her a little token of appreciation, in the form of an Alpaca Gaptastic Cowl. I'm halfway finished and will post an FO pic soon! Did I mention she was really responsive, nice and cute as a button? All while maintaining a classroom of 10 and 11 year olds? sheesh! Cowls for all the great teachers!!
4) Soccer team knits. Hats and coffee sleeves. Relatively quick knits, but still eat away at what I had "planned" on knitting. You know, like those fall socks, that are turning into winter socks. Below is a hat I knit on the right to match the team colors. I think this guy is experiencing the Plymouth Encore Wool/Acrylic blend. The guy on the left is wearing a Barcelona hat (machine made shhh).
5) Holiday spirit.I have plans to knit a few pieces of happy decorations. We'll see how I do.
6) Chipping away at the first of my autumn / fall socks ... still. I should have sock #1 done this weekend.
7) I think maybe I can knit a kindle cozy like Wee Pleasures for my sis? Maybe?
Also I wanted to knit, Christmas socks. That might have to wait until next year eh? And I want to learn how to knit two at a time like all the cool kids on 2 circulars. This always looks magical to me. I hope it's not too hard on the hands.
Tell me, are you staying on knitting track? Or are you enjoying the journey like me?
Even when not knitting gifts I feel the "frenzy" this time of year.