I'm trying to ramp up my summer knitting. I'm trying to realize those hopes and dreams from the beginning of the summer but I do not seem to have the momentum to even conquer a quarter of my goals. So I joined My Sister's Knitter Sock Yarn Knit Along. It encompasses all that I need.
- Sock yarn obsession: everything I want to work on, socks, tank, shawls all seem to beg for sock yarn.
- A sense of completion: I have 2 pairs of socks that I know will get done this summer, but I wanted a deadline to drive me. I'm an adrenaline junkie (code for procrastinator). Push me. Give me a list, I want to check something off.
- Good company. Even if I finish one item, this group is always a joy to go read and catch up on -- so supportive and kind.
So I cast on for Antarktis. The first try had me thinking how can I be doing something wrong? The pattern is so straight-forward. Before I could really rant on my lunch hour about the evils of lace I looked within.
Me, voila! Basic techniques are not so basic for me.Yarnovers re-learned. (I was a wrong way wrapper with YOs between knit stitches. I should've just brought the yarn forward and knit like a normal person)
I think Kathy B. would describe this as potato chip knitting. I have to "kinda" pay attention, but it's easy to follow so far.
Current To Do:
- Finishing Prodigy (well the Legend trilogy, really) for Mother/Son summer "book club" reading.
- Finish Dr. G's summer socks
- Finish summer rainbow socks
- Recast on a pink pair ... this time in Hermione's Everyday pattern
- Cast on Purlwise Rib Tank
- Maintain 60 mins of sustained cardio at 3x a week
- Take more pictures where I'm in them for The Kid
- Work on a homemade pie dough. "Easy as pie" my a..