Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Small Wonder

Evelyn @ Project Stash is perpetually posting knitting ideas and this seemed like such a good idea.  A mindless knit of 170 sts in garter stitch. Use up the stash, make some stripes and lots of happy.

After finishing one sleeve on the  Tea Leaves cardigan (@10pm!!) I got ants in my pants and joined Evelyn in casting on for the Wonder Blanket.

Cast on 166 with some lovely heathered green. I was just shy of 170 and a lazy beast to undo my cast on for 170.

I'm slipping the first stitch for a cleaner edge.

I realize I have a bunch of Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn that I got for random scarves, handwarmers and baby blankets. I have sometimes whole balls of yarn. So this will probably be more color blocked Wool-Ease, but I'm SO excited to have something move this yarn out of my stash and make something practical with. There are more babies and couches to warm this fall/winter. I sense this will be the first of "Wonders" to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment