The problem with joining Knit Alongs is getting sucked into other people's problems. This would be the project bag problem. People were putting their new Works in Progress into new Project bags. What can I say. I embraced my inner lemming and found some fun (and pink!) project bags over at Etsy. Etsy aka the danger zone and they came this weekend!
I am a huge fan of the box bag, so I got one of those and decided to try a drawstring one. Semiferrgrrl was really sweet and sent me the little traveler as a bonus gift. By the way this order came really quickly and I was really touched by not just the gift, but her little note on her desire to provide good customer service. This is my purchase with her, but I wouldn't be surprised if I return (shh, don't rat me out to the family!)
Look at the lining! Fun right? It's perfect for me. I'm going to stick my travel pack (bus pass/ID/1 major cc /debit card all bound with a produce rubberband) in there with a travel size tissue and lip balm. ALWAYS travel with lip balm -- words to embrace, people. My biggest regret in my labor & delivery? NO lip balm, mind you I didn't even have a bag packed, so cut me some slack. Seriously, screw the epidural (no I didn't get one in time), what I would've done for a glass of water and some cherry flavored Chapstick. In the back of my jumbled mind, the feelings of that memory are so vivid.
Okay returning from memory lane, I also wanted to share this Christmas acquisition. This was one of the many generous gifts from my pal HM. She makes it rain on me like Christmas all year round as it is, so this was really excessive. But I thanked her profusely, I promise!
Anyhow, this is my "snack set" also known in some circles as a "tennis set". You may recognize the pattern from Spode. I have a few of these pieces in my kitchen. Pasta plates and a sandwich serving platter. They bring me great joy. (Pioneer woman I think has them too :)
She found this online for me and I love it. It's perfect for when I sneak into my room (where I'm not supposed to eat) when boy domination has taken over our little living room or for Sat/Sun mornings for a little toast and tea or coffee watching soccer, easing my way into the weekend. (insert swooning here).
The boys think it's kind of unnecessary -- seeing how we already have both plates and cups. I'm reassured by this. It makes me think, they won't use it and therefore it's life expectancy has just grown.
On another note this is a weekend highlight. It's one of the best cups of coffee I've had in 2015. Random, but true, like so much of my life ;)
And this is just another shot to prove:
a) I put photos in my posts.
b) I might have a slight problem with blue and white dishes. I got this one in Chinatown a long time ago.
Things that happened this weekend:
- Some crude attempts at free-ish hand embroidery. I don't really want to talk about it. It isn't an absolute fail, but it's definitely more Regretsky than Etsy...
- I finished the sleeves on my cardigan, alas not the edging. I am sticking to my mission and really avoiding working on anything else till this thing gets done. It's hard. It's so very ... hard.
- The Kid had his first futsal match this winter and I'm pleased that his muscles haven't totally given in to atrophy and he's got some physical coordination left beyond the hand muscles used for video game domination. (aye me!!)
- I made some brownies for the team and none were left! I did forget the toffee bit topping, but you know, no-one knew but me, hehe.
- I got 2 days of exercise in but my sister passed me in the Steps leader board for the week in our little family Fitbit competition. I think it frightens my husband and son a little how naturally competitive my side of the family is. Well get out of the way while we get to winning -- what? I'm just kidding!!