I'm joining Carole and Kathy B. today and going with the 10 on Tuesday. Things I love. I will bypass the family and friends and you lovely lot, because it's too easy...
1. PBS mysteries + Knitting. Throw in a mug of tea, coffee or a glass of wine and I might be crying on the inside a little bit, for the sheer contentment of it all.
2. Compliments on my Kid or my cooking/baking. Can't lie. I'm a total slut for validation. Say that my child is doing well and I will beam for you. Tell me that the cake or dish was tasty and I might question you twice, because it has taken me a long time to feel comfortable in the kitchen and not worry I might kill someone.
3. Finishing a project. Work or recreation. I love to put it to bed. I love to draw a line through it.
4. Throwing things out or donating them to a local charity. I like to move things out of the apartment. What I don't like is the process, the time. That's time I could be hanging out with the family (who are probably ignoring me) or excercising, or knitting or trying a recipe ... and this is why I live in a world of clutter.
5. I love witnessing the kindness of others (not towards me). I love to see a teenage get up for an older person on the bus. I love to see someone offer to help someone else. I love hearing someone tell someone else they appreciate them. It reaffirms my faith in humanity. It makes me feel hopeful.
6. Salty or crunchy snacks. Things that make your blood pressure go hmm ... french fries, chips, popcorn, crackers with tunafish, but not really hard pretzels - go figure. I go through phases with Cheezits and Goldfish aka the toddler life support snacks. hehe.
7. A savory breakfast. Fried rice, soup, toast with cheese and a coldcut. Sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs in herb butter or with green onions, hashbrowns. Not home fries, hash browns. Not all together, you know, just these are the things that make me swoon.
8. Exercise or is it endorphins? Because I like cardio and dance, but I like the way I feel after the run more than the run. I like hip hop class, but I really like zumba for that crazy heart rate. I have been known to go to 2 classes in a day if I have the leisure. I miss swimming. Maybe one day again? Easier on the joints.
9. Tide Sport with Febreeze yeah, I know theres a lot of licensing in that bottle but I like it. I do that stupid commercial sniff sniff when I pour it and when I put on my clothes, I like it so much. I get weird looks from the Manfriend.
10. Lip balm. I'm not a brand loyalist. If it keeps the chaps away and doesn't taste sour and stinky, I'm happy. Oh, but I don't like the pots of balm. I like it in a stick or tube. No touchy touchy greasy fingers. eww.
And that is my off the cuff list. What about you?