Friday, August 28, 2015

FO Friday

I finally finished those mismatched socks. It feels good to have something done.


Stockinette socks bring me such calm I can't even explain. I am buying too much self striping yarn for this very reason. Ah the joy.

Meanwhile I've just cast on some Undines (read it fast, it looks like Undies, right?) and I'm enjoying the knit for sure. I'll post a photo of it in progress when I have more than a thimble full of rows to show for it.

There are other things resting on the needles as well. But I'm so all over the place I'll need to share for another day.

Right now I'm looking forward to the weekend with more knitting and sports, Go Giants, Go Man City, go Socks (stockinette that is, not Red or White!)

Have a great weekend!


15 comments:

  1. Those socks are fabulous! I love me some plain old sock knitting too-especially with crazy stripes. The crazier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. Even though they aren't matchy-matchy, they still look like they match.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These socks almost look like you used scraps. Great finish on this pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Undies ... hahaha, you make me giggle! I am about 1/2 way through my Undines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knitted undies, now there's a thought. Love the socks, stripey yarn is genius. Good to see the football season under way again. Man City should beat Watford no? Wishing you a happy weekend of knitting and cheering. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic socks! Stockinette socks are all I knit anymore: they are a satisfying and relaxing knit.

    I, too, have a passion for self-striping yarn and my stash is over-flowing with luscious skeins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I like those Undines (and, yes, I read "undies"). What a pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Before I read your warning I actually did read it as Undies!!! I am thinking you and I would be fast friends in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stockinette socks, too! oh, the soothing joy of knitting them.
    My Undine had to have a bit of tinking today...hope I have it figured out this time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work on the socks! Love the colors. Can't wait to see you Undines. (not undies, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did read it fast and I thought it said undies!!! You made me laugh out loud!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read it first as undieness.....oh well. Love your mismatched socks they are perfectly imperfect :) I tend to do matchy matchy but it causes undo stress sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They turned out great! Although knitted Undies would be so awesome, knitted Undines would be more useful (and comfortable).

    ReplyDelete