Thursday, August 25, 2011

Discussion: Knitting Cruises

If you would've told me 10 years ago that I would be navigating furiously around a Knitting Cruise Website I would've said, "My that's a fancy bit of crazy you're wearing!"

Then again who knew I would love knitting and pattern reading, and blog hunting as much as I do now eh?

Life it's kooky like that.

Kooky like a knitting cruise. Let's discuss. Or rather, let me ramble on.

LOVE the idea of going from one interesting location to another where local yarns await me.

LOVE the idea of technique instruction in between destinations. LOVE the idea that I can shuffle around project tote bags chock-ful of Works In Progress in between destinations and sit on my buttocks in various nooks and gawk at people and drop stitches because ... well that's what the other people around me are doing too!

LOVE that I would most likely go somewhere international. *Sigh. It's been a long time.

Not so hot that I'm trapped on a boat for long stretches of time. I don't consider myself a motion sickness/sea sickness type of person, but then it's been years since I've been on a proper boat and there's that whole life thing. Who knows?!? Lu came back from a cruise with sea sickness stories that still make me shudder.

Things that make the sadface. ALL the featured cruises are a minimum it seems of 8 days. Whoa, that's a lot. Still got to travel to and from Port home, which is an issue if the cruise is on the other side of this continent or on a completely different one. Also that's a lot of vacation to use without being with the boys.

See, I still like them a lot and like to do things with them. Too soon, they will tire of me, at least the smaller one.

I guess it's something to hold on to for my older lady years, when the nest is empty or the Man Friend has a midlife crisis and runs away with some Berkeley Yoga Instructor that comes into the restaurant every Tues & Thurs for her large chai soy latte with less soy more foam ...

Well, I am SURE I could come up with my OWN version of a Knitting Focused vacation. Just you wait ...

What would you do?
  • Cruise
  • Stick to the Conferences/Summits/Conventions
  • Do my own thang - not big on "others" and social experiments
  • Bah I like knitting on my couch in my pony tail and sweats
  • And since I'm from the Bay Area I will always include the obligatory OTHER option

No comments:

Post a Comment