Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hierarchy

I'm thinking if I just don't acknowledge it, the truth will never have to be known.

It's a way of life.

Today after dropping off Prodigal Son at school, The Manfriend and I walked down the hill together, prepping out the schedule for the day/week. Somehow "the hierarchy" question came up.

I felt uncomfortable and tried to change the subject. He joked and tried to reorder the hierarchy.

I chuckled nervously, and tried redirection.

Was his joke a joke? Is the restless answer in my mind a joke?

The Hierarchy according to Manfriend:

1) Knitting
2) Zumba
3) The Kid
4) Maybe The Manfriend

The clarification/joke - What's first Knitting or Zumba?

The redirection - "Oh honey, don't make me choose!!"

The truth - it just depends on the day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment