Monday, February 4, 2013

Impulsive

I really have to learn to "slow my roll" as the kids (used to?) say.

I opened my inbox and tried to de-clutter and get to the important stuff and respond. I was derailed. I got a Plucky Knitter notification. Sweater Kit pre-order sale. Oh man. I clicked the link thinking I would just ... look.

Fat chance. Next thing I know, I was pre-ordering the Contessa colorway, the size with the extra skein, because what if my bust size is larger than I thought?

And now the post impulse guilt:
  • I don't feel like my knitting skills are really worthy of this kit.
  • I have been trying to keep my distance from sweaters. My last 3 have not really turned out as well as I would've liked. 
  • Aidez is still blocking on my ottoman.
  • I screwed up my last kit from Plucky Knitter. The sad face, pulled too hard Color Affection.
  • I have so much in stash right now. I can't knit fast enough.
  • I recently bought yarn at my local for a Mom project. (I have been knitting with completion on this. But there is still a lot of yarn left.)
And this is the justification: Still, a shiny new project is on the horizon. A bright raspberry colored cardigan at that. March is the estimated date of arrival. Which gives me a month to diligently work through dent my stash.

1 comment:

  1. Leave the guilt behind and look forward to your shiny package arriving next month. There's no rush to cast on or complete your sweater kit ... just enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete