Monday, August 30, 2010

Laborious Days

My self absorbed teenage self is flopping around upside down on the couch, telephone glued to my ear, television on and homework scattered all over the living room floor.

I am complaining about how I never get to do what I want to do.

I can't stand this homework assignment, it's not "interesting".

I'm kind of bored, I need to do something different.

I wish I had some french fries.

WOW -- so much has changed. ha! Okay only maybe the french fries didn't "stick" like they do now. Such a kid I was/am!

This is kind of how I've been feeling. There is plenty of work spread in front of me. It's getting done, bits at a time. But I keep day dreaming about going back on vacation or just fun things on days off.

But then there is this grown up part of me that feels ... guilt. So I think what would the grown up in me tell The Kid. Not just my inner kid, but The Kid. And I think.
Geez, just get it done and stop whining. You would have more time to enjoy yourself, if you just stopped all the fretting. Yeah maybe your idea won't work, but might as well try. If you try and get something done, it will make you feel better. If you just work, you won't waste so much time.

So, this Labor day weekend, we are going to lay low after a great and busy weekend full of School stuff, friend's stuff and another one layer of grime cleaning.

We are going to focus on 2.5 areas each to clean. And then we are going to collectively purge. Only social obligation we'd like to have is seeing my dad and/or sister.

This is great, except I think it might be too sedate for The Kid. Hmm. I should see what I can drum up. Oh well there's soccer practice and ... uh oh ... here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment