Friday, May 14, 2010

Knitting Book Reviews

So I am progressively finding ways and places to channel my knitting obsession, teaching other people, working it into dinner parties etc. So naturally, I like to peruse patterns, books and websites.

And I have to tell you hands down -- Knitting Book Reviews are the best no? Can you feel the knitters when you read them? Sheesh.

From the Vogue Knitting Shawls & Wraps book:
My wife is German and doesn't use the computer. She is also expert at knitting and crocheting. I buy a lot of books for her via Amazon. This one, she says, "stinks to high heaven" She had other words for it but I will not put them here. She thought the patterns
showed were not worth using; that the finished product would be fully out of style with what is being worn today by women.


C'est Magnifique!
I had this in my library queue for awhile, till it timed out. I'm keeping it on my personal wish list. I will not be deterred by this very supportive husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment