Monday, October 21, 2013

Do Ahead Dinner

I have decided I really enjoy a good Thai vegetable curry. Red or green preferably. I am a meat eater, so I can just roast and slice something and put it on the side, which is what I did for Middle School Mom night. (A group of us, with no older children are beginning the touring of Middle Schools. We are one of the last years in our public school district that allows us to lottery for a school(s) of our choice.) 

Anyhow, curry is like Asian stew, the leftovers were pretty tasty the next day, and my husband offered up an unsolicited compliment :)

We are scheduling a follow-up chat in December (which will hopefully devolve into laughter and chatter again as well.) I'm thinking maybe a braised white wine chicken (borrowing from the Manfriend's repetoire), Stuffed Italian Cabbages or Braised short ribs this time (things that go with mashed potatoes, ha!). I like something I can leave on the stove to simmer or sit on low in the oven. What do you like to make for "do ahead" lunch or dinners?

10 comments:

  1. I like to make soups in my crock pot - usually something containing chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and I are big fans of soup. We are going to try some new recipes this fall/winter. I am eyeing a small slow cooker as well ...

      Delete
  2. I"ll take some braised ribs thank you...MMMMMMMM.
    I love dinner reports Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband just made braised beef with red wine, so I might have to make the next beef expedition short ribs. I heart you and your fabulous blog Kathy, as well!

      Delete
  3. Nice, enticing produce. You go on making curry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy mentions the dinner reports, but I love seeing your household's tasty adventures too!

      Delete
  4. i do love a creamy thick soup and a chunk of crusty bread~
    anything new on the needles?

    hugs~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to creamy soups!! I am a huge fan of a proper broccoli, cheddar and potato soup. I like mine with baguette or those oyster crackers. Alas, I am finishing socks and a beanie on the needles. I will have something new to show this weekend for sure!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'd share a meal and knit with you anytime SB.

      Delete