Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Scraps

New friends I met on my trip last week to Healdsburg.

It's been a while since I've posted ive just been busy with the flotsom and jetsam.

Thankfully my glasses returned to me after almost a month of misplacement.



I was hoping the world would be shiny and new, but it just reconfirms I need to make an appointment with the eye doctor.

I am landed with jury duty I was initially disappointed, however now I am  past my work guilt and am focusing on having a positive perspective. I'm going to learn and provide a great civic service. I'm one of the lucky ones and my job pays me for Jury Duty. I've already met some really nice people that live in my city/county and eaten some tasty lunches on my own, in leisure. I knit outside the courtroom when I'm waiting :)


Today my sister and I left our sons and husbands warm and toasty, tucked in bed while we ran the Chinatown 5k for Lunar New Year, year of the horse in the wettest rain in 6 months. 

The boys were signed up to go, but we didn't have the heart...


We still had a great soggy time!

I'll be posting more this week on knitting, eating, reading. Not necessarily in that order, I'll take topic requests, ha! I'll also have some vintage yarn for February's Giveaway, see if I have any takers.

Wishing you all my Sunday best:)







13 comments:

  1. Nice to hear about the glasses. See you have got a perfect one. Take care of your eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you found the glasses but a bummer they do not work anymore. A sign of aging??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a sign of aging, Ha! But there are lot of things age at least has given me that I'm grateful for. I feel less squirrelly now, and I wouldn't have the perspective I have about jury duty otherwise.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that you and your sister ran a 5K in honor of the Lunar New Year. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice job running a 5k in the rain!! I never minded running in the rain, but I might now that I wear glasses too (I really dislike rain drops on my glasses!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable even rained on Ellen!!!
    Get yourself new glasses girl! Your eyes need to knit for a long time !

    Jury duty! You rock. I have never been picked, but I've served. I just don't like being called at 26th and California location as the neighborhood is really terrible and scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jury duty is amazing: it is nothing like what is depicted in the movies and on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like the t.v. Definitely interesting!

      Delete
  7. I'm really impressed with your running. Glad you're okay with jury duty. A shame they don't let you knit inside... Looking forward to your coming posts being as I'm a fan of knitting, eating and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you with the run and the positive attitude for Jury Duty.

    Hugs to you and keep knitting,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so funny and adventurous. Is this a new tradition of the being a 5K for every new year? Ugh. I need new glasses too, well prescription. Was that a farm or did it produce wool for yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Chinatown YMCA does a run every year highlighting the featured new year. The tshirt reflects the zodiac :)

      The sheep are from a farm on the vineyard roadways up north. But all I thought about was yarn.

      And for your love of crafts as the gang above mentioned we will wear our glasses and protect our eyes. You have great face, I know you'll get some cute ones!

      Delete
  10. My husband has broken and lost so many glasses. Have you tried zennioptical.com? I order my glasses from there, because they are pretty cheap.

    When I got called for jury duty, I had a domestic violence and child abuse case. I piped up to the judge and said there was no way I could be an impartial juror in those circumstances. I got dismissed.

    ReplyDelete