Monday, November 6, 2017

Kathy's Monday Q&A

These questions are from Kathy's Q&A. It's been a while since I've participated :)
What is the farthest you’ve gotten on a project this year, only to end  up ripping it out? The yoke of a sweater at the beginning of a sweater. I got lost in where I was in the shaping and ripped it out. sigh.
*Can you remember the most expensive yarn you have purchased? No. I think it's for a cashmere scarf kit for my husband that is still in the stash, but I have a lot of other things I am trying to knit and hopefully he'll be around the apt. a bit. Maybe I'll knit it next year. A scarf feels too tedious to me right now.
*If you  brew your own coffee, what brand do you use? I like a local brand called Blue Bottle that was just recently purchased by Nestle. We often mix it with a coffee my husband purchases for the restaurant. This would be considered a big no no, but I like the blend as I'm not a super strong coffee drinker most of the time, and it makes it last/more cost effective.
*Do you have gifts left to make for the coming Holiday Season? I do. I'm trying to knit 2 baby sweaters. I don't want to talk about it Kathy.
*Thinking about the last week, what was your favorite dinner? We had dinner at a friend's house with 2 other families and there was so much good homemade food. cheese and rice crackers and marcona almonds, steak, salmon, bean salad, Caesar salad, bean salad, peach pie and ice cream. good times.
*What’s your favorite brand of blue jeans? Oh geez, I don't have any brand loyalty right now. 
*You have to give one up tomorrow, for a day : television, computer or phone? The phone. 
*Favorite breed of dog or cat? Oh geez, Can I just say tabby cats? I don't care what color? I like dogs that are small to medium size, maybe a Corgi or a beagle? I was chased and terrorized pretty badly by a neighborhood German shepard between 4th -6th grades and though I love a sweet dog. I am instinctively nervous around stranger big dogs.
*How many blankets did you sleep under last night? We have one comforter and a sheet on right now. I slept in a sweatshirt last night and my husband said he'd put the winter fleece layer on tonight.
Hoping November is off to a good start for you.

19 comments:

  1. I agree about German Shepherds. In my experience, they just can't be trusted. A friend had one that would turn on you in a minute.

    I like just about every other kind of dog. As for cats . . . they are ALL good. LOL

    I didn't know that your husband had a restaurant. But, I did notice you eat a lot of interesting things. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the German Shepard thing is definitely our personal experiences, I have met some very affectionate and very well trained ones, but I think it just means I need to be self aware enough to acknowledge my fear and remember it's not the same dog. I know to some people it seems odd, but these are the little things that made up my childhood.

      We do eat a lot of interesting things (and also some fabulously simple and junkie things at time hehe). Food has always been a big deal for both of our families and our lives. It is not just the fancy meals or the gathered events, but the times when we were kids where a parent was unemployed or weren't home and we had to figure out how to feel fed and happy with what we had. When I first the Kid and we basically tag teamed our day (i worked day he worked night and we were alone trying to figure out how to keep the kid alive)

      He's always loved the process of cooking but I didn't really learn to like it until it felt less of a chore and I had more experience that was slowly acquired.

      He has basically lived his life in restaurants of one sort or another, but front of the house.

      Delete
  2. It's got really cold here over the last week, we're still sleeping under a summer quilt but it's definitely not warm enough for me now, I need a warmer one. I've always been a fan of bigger dogs but when we came to get a dog ourselves we went for a small one, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. They're the most loyal and devoted little animals with such a sweet nature, we made a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the weather is in between for me so I like the idea of putting on layers as needed. If I get colder, we will definitely add a quilt to the pile! Oh Spaniels give some good love! I'm glad you have such a sweetie in your family.

      Delete
  3. Tabby cats are by far my favorite: they tend to be more affectionate than other breeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so superficial. I love how that coat looks! It begs to be petted. Always a little troublesome when it's a cat that doesn't like a lot of stranger love. "Whose this lady that keeps trying to touch me? Stranger Danger! Mom make her stop! Hss Ftt!"

      Delete
  4. Ellen, SO glad you wanted to play along. A scarf sounds tedious to me too! Your party food sounds so amazing. And I love a tabby/torti girl cat any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tortoise! Such pretty cats! of course I forgot what that's called though I have some glasses frames in blue tortoise. I bought 2 pairs to keep one at the office and one you know, for knitting at home, ha!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with a German Shepherd. I don't like dogs that bark at you while walking with their owners when you yourself are just having a power walk. We hope to have a Golden Retriever one day and maybe a GSD too. The food you have is always mouthwatering. That's nice if your husband will utilize your scarf for him. I'm thinking of frogging that Pink Flamingo on the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golden Retrievers are just a big hug waiting to happen. I am not sure if my husband would wear the scarf which is why I keep procrastinating on the knit. heh.

      Delete
    2. My husband says how come you don't knit me anything? I tell him I knit you stuff and you never use them. Knitting has only brought me rain with that cardigan WIP. I plan to blog about it soon. I don't know if I'll wait til Sunday although we technically have the week to get our posts up. Hmmm....

      Delete
  6. I had a similar experience with a German Shepherd-maybe it's why I don't get thrilled with dogs!
    It's a good start to the month on my front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's been a good start for you! And I am sad every time one of us has had a bad dog experience, because dogs are very wonderful all kinds. I know this.

      Delete
  7. I had on a sweatshirt, long pants, socks, a sheet and 2 matelasses! But then, I am sick, so maybe that's not normal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better be feeling better by the time I have responded to this. If you are sick, that's a normal amount of comfy and warm attire. LOL.

      Delete
  8. I can relate to the ripping question. Had to rip out a whole shawl and start over because I couldn't figure out where I'd left off because it was such an ancient UFO. It IS DONE now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy you are so clever in all your crafting so it makes me feel better that you have gone through this as well!

      Delete
  9. i always like these question-things! Fun to learn something new about blog-friends!!! (I love dogs, but German shepherds scare me....and i've never even been chased.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think dinner at someone's house is always better than at my own most of the time. Sometimes it's the decorations and the festivities that heighten the taste too.

    ReplyDelete