Sunday, July 24, 2011

WTF Knitting Moment #1145

So, I sat down with a sleeve last night. I was thinking, "Ahhh, I'm almost done with my decreasing. In my head I was sure the pattern said, "Decrease every 10 rounds 7 times." I even used my row counter, using the tens side to count my repeats along w/the rows ...

I knit a round, and picked up the pattern to see what exciting inches were coming next in sleeveland, and to my dismay, I read this:

Decrease round: K1, ssk, k to last 3
sts, k2tog, k1.
Repeat this decrease round every 10
(9, 8, 7, 6, 5) rounds 5 (6, 7, 8, 9,
10) times more.
[39 (41, 45, 47, 51, 55) sts]

Now it is important that I am honest and tell you, that I DID pick up the instructions while working on my rounds every now and again. And each time, I would always read the same thing. (Not what was actually printed.)

Somehow I transposed AND ignored parenthesis all at the same time. Pretty impressive screw up right? I know. My mother would be proud. Bananas! is prolly just laughing at my latest attempt at self sabotage.

Well looks like I'm pulling out a sleeve tonight, and starting again. I'd make it short sleeved, except then it would be ugly.

*Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment