Friday, October 5, 2012

She's Having a Baby

Goodness no! Not me!

Didn't you just read the last post? I'm a hot mess, I can barely handle what I have!

My friend HM is having a baby.  I'm so excited for her. On one hand I feel like we are having the baby, you know, like I got some kind of rights to it. (This is just a sentimental feeling people, don't worry I'm not going all Lifetime Channel Movie on her. I try hard not to boss anyone outside of my own home, unless it's my sister, because, well ... she's my sister.)

No, no, I get to coach from the sidelines this time, and I mean this loosely, because I can only cheer you on and give you some random opinions about moi (of course). To tell you I got this parenting thing down is bullhockey.

This means 2 things have consumed my thought process regarding baby:

1) Babies are magical creatures. Babies are the new unicorn for me.

I am nostalgic and sentimental for all things. ALL. I creep into my child's room more than the usual, "Are you sleeping ok?" check at night. I stroke his hair and give his soft head a kiss and am practically reduced to tears when I stare at any picture of him before the age of 7.

I read an article in the DailyMail about Orphans in the 1800s in NYC and I basically cried my eyes out, in public, at work, and then donated a little over $250 to the local foster care social worker non profit. (Worker's Childrens Fund)

I made my husband watch the entire Dirty Dancing movie with me ... on basic cable. Yes, I cried.

Having babies reminds me of being younger, maybe lost, but younger. I seem extremely sensitive to the passing of time right now and change. Change is making me loopy.

2) I am obsessing on knitting patterns for smaller people. It's a little out of control. I have a list that looks like I'm going to be knitting this kid a small dowry. I know. It probably won't all happen, but I'm counting on myself to deliver at least 2 - 3 pieces by the time she squeezes that thing out.

What's on the list? Why I'm glad you asked!!
  • Knickers - knit pants
  • Cardigan
  • Shorts or overall style dress
  • Booties
  • Hat
The patterns themselves are very fleeting. I love one, 1 minute, and then another one more 5 minutes later. I will have to ping some of the lovely bloggers out there for some opinions if I get my act together.

In the meantime like many people, before I start on baby ... I'll work on something for dog! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment