Friday, June 20, 2014

A Fortunate Birthday. A Grateful Me.

I mentioned in an earlier post the boys took me out for an early birthday dinner which was wonderful. I have to say thank you to everyone and their kindness and generosity they've shown me with well wishes and gifts or PM on ravelry. I feel like I'm just receiving so much good with or without it being due to my birthday.

Evidence #1: Andi sent me this pattern I have been coveting! Overwhelmingly generous! I am hoping not to wait too long to cast this on. I have this yarn I got from Saco River Dyehouse that I got from reading about their kickstarter fund from Knitting in Beantown. A soft looking grey for a uniform cardigan. I think it'll be perfect! fingers crossed!

Evidence #2: I won some yarn from Two Cables n' a Frapp! How lucky am I?

Evidence #3: While I was in Petaluma I tried to visit a yarn store that always seems to be closed when I was passing through. Well guess what? They just started being open on Mondays! Happy Birthday to me! So I treated myself to some yarn (Madelinetosh is apparently a problem for me, a good problem, but a problem nonetheless). I also got myself some US1 karbonz dpns. I really like these. My bamboo ones are too long and the karbonz have a surprising amount of give to them when knitting. yay! Oh I also got this nifty project bag. Can't have enough project bags. Petaluma is known for it's free range chickens and organic eggs, hence the rooster.


So you see? I'm pretty lucky. I got another project bag with a cow on that I will raffle off with some sock yarn for our second June give away. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday. I've recently discovered Madeline Tosh, and it's the only wool I've ever discovered that doesn't make me itch. You can imagine how excited I am. All of those lovely shades! Sometimes I just look at them and pick out my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I'm not really in Rav much. But a belated Hau'oli la hanau to you. Glad you had yarniness come your way and you treated yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting a yarn store is a wonderful to celebrate a birthday ....or ANY day really! Glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always thrilled when needles have some give to them. I will look for karbonz SO Happy you got some mad tosh for your birthday! Happy Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely treats. Glad that you had a lovely birthday as it was much deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you had a super awesome celebration :)

    ReplyDelete