Thursday, June 19, 2014

Beach Walk

Dillon Beach is pretty. I've only been there a handful of times. West of Petaluma, it's a cold and windy place. The fog can sometimes make it romantic or sometimes ... creepy. I like it. The ocean feels raw, the breakers look savage and it takes either recklessness or a hangover to decide to go in at 7:15 in the morning.



It's a much more agreeable place for a walk. It also allows for the dogs. They were probably more tuckered out than the Kids. ha! This was one of the dogs that we spent the weekend with. The Kid was over the moon,  since he loves animals and we have none. This one especially loves children. And everyone loves Ms. Mabel.



Dunes before the beach make for big smiles. The Kid kept a close eye on his little cousin.




A morning walk on Monday allowed us to catch the pretty in the tide pools at the end of the beach that had been covered my last evening walk. But in the low tide there were many things to see.


The air smelled so good. At the edge of it all with our barefeet in the water and the kids laughing and the locals hand in hand picking up floating trash, the hermit crabs narrowly being squashed by lumbering humans, it was another moment that hope and the good in life could not be denied.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a cute dog. The beach trip looks lovely. What an interesting starfish!

    As for your comment on my blog: I agree. It IS hard to believe I was really starting to HATE that yarn, when it actually turned out pretty nice. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dillon beach looks so lovely . I love the dunes. I Love the dog. Corgi's are a neat breed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place to spend the day - one of these days I'm going to make it to an ocean - Any ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being from a landlocked state, I adore the ocean and all that it offers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What stunning photos, it looks like a really beautiful place, and a very invigorating outing. I won't ask whether you were feeling reckless or hungover..! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is nothing on earth like sea air! That is what I love most about the beach. I've never seen a real starfish yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I LOVE the beach ... New England that is ... the water should be ice cold, LOL! Warm beach water feels so weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Corgi. What a neat place to holiday at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post and photos. I love the beach and could spend my whole day there. I am looking to our summer vacation because we're going to the coast, and I. cannot. wait. !!!!

    ReplyDelete