Monday, December 13, 2010

Mom Jeans the Saga Continues

I know that I don't REALLY need another pair of Jeans. However it could be argued that I need the "right" pair of jeans.

I am familiar with the idea that I choose comfort over flattering style probably more than I should. And without the self-deprecation that it sounds like, it's mainly because right now, there is not much that I find flattering on me. In fact tried and true items. Look snug and rumply and out of proportion.

I took in a pair of jeans to be hemmed last week. Because I had two pairs. One I figure I will continue to roll w/that summer feel, and even works with my rainboots. And one that I wouldn't roll, b/c rolling actually shortens the look of my legs. ( I watch what not to wear ocassionally). I found a pair of jeans that used to be too big on me that are true Momish old Gap jeans, but I had them in my imaginary disaster kit. I took them out washed and wore them and washed again. They are very comfortable, but I look like I should be working on a farm. My Levis ... one pair too tight to me in the waist. The other is a little to saggy booty especaily according to the HM.

So when we go to the Gap to get The Kid a pair of black plain front khakis for his singing performance on Tuesday and they are having a buy one get one 60% off. I sucker in, and I buy two pairs of my favorite style there, and run back b/c I got the wrong size. Or so I thought. I put on the pants this morning, before taking off the tags, and they were really comfortable. I should've noticed that in the beginning. They are already beginning to stretch out. They look okay, a little long. (should've noticed that.) So, I guess I will have to go back and try the smaller size on and if they fit better exchange the one other pair I have.

Like Mom used to say, always REALLY try things on, and not when you're in a hurry to get your kid to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment