Last night, after almost 3 months of a knit meeting hiatus, and a year since we last made it outside the building for a meal, my work knitting group met up for dinner.
Well technically we were a (wo)man down. Ms. DA has been out recovering from knee surgery much longer than we had all hoped, and she had a family function to attend.
We went to Citizen's Band which is:
- Close to work
- Close to public trans (for those that commute this way)
- Fun with nice staff, tasty comfort food -- something for everyone
In between cramming some tasty post-work eats in our mouths.
- We caught up on our lives as they are Shing is transitioning to owning her life and time again after nursing her sister through a health issue and she's just about to tackle her annual non profit event.
- We talked about travel plans. HC is up next for a whirlwind back to the east coast!)
- Told candid stories and confessions. (I still think older sisters get a bad rep! And I'm not sure which one SDS is!)
- And of course we talked knitting! I pulled out the Colour Affection in progress, Lu passed around potential pattern print-outs and lamented her Boyfriend Sweater story. She had never heard of the curse of the Boyfriend Sweater! Obviously she needs to read some knitting blogs ;)