Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Finished Vacation Knit



I fussed packing my knitting for our trip to   Tahoe for what my husband said was hours.

Possibly.

I remembered last year and how I didn't knit as much as I thought I would. I also remembered a project that tested my skill and patience (more on that in a future post), so I thought to bring an "easy" knit.

You know some instant gratification.

It wasn't instant, but it was forgiving when I kept knitting after I miscounted my rows. 

Pattern: sand banks

Yarn: Leftover acrylic for a trial run: brava worsted.

New technique: German twisted cast on. ( knit witch has an excellent video)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice - my vacation knits definitely do not include cables or anything that requires concentration.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, have a great trip,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vacation knit! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IM looking for an acrylic. Brava worsted looks lovely. Im going to find some

    ReplyDelete