Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eating ... and eating ... oh wait still eating!

I'm not depressed. I'm not searching for comfort. I'm just really hungry. Unfortunately I do not have the metabolism of my 8 year old son, and ... this week that I'm feeling particularly ravenous is also paired with a week with little to no opportunities for exercise.

I went Sunday to Zumba for an hour at least and you know, kinda walk around between the Castro, South of Market and the Mission. No, not a lot of mileage, but you know I think meandering counts as some kind of physical movement.

I don't think it's enough to justify eating a mini Super Duper burger (again in the last 4 weeks!) and leftover chicken white wine coq au vin and this is after a ramekin of pudding ... and whipped cream. This is after a lunch of half a baby burrito with some chips and salsa and guacamole from Pancho Villa. I was returning from Serendipity (forever in my mind Princess Animal) and I couldn't help but smell Taco from 19th st. to 16th and Valencia. I was so hungry I could've eaten a hipster, whacky 80s outfit and all!

I started the day with seaweed at 10am.

I ate some instant Japanese noodles (Tonkatsu flavour) because they had to be tried, and I like Tonkatsu and I'm eating curry tonight so I had to save the curry flavour for later.

I had a post lunch snack today of chocolate raised donut. I got it when I was out procuring groceries at Duc Loi for tonight's dinner. I carried that donut back to the office with love.

I ate my donut without any coffee.

I relished that thing.

The word relish makes me think of hot dogs. I think I should have a hot dog this week. No specific timeline.

The beauty of the donut. The trick of the donut is not to have them too often. Then when you get one, even if it's not truly exceptional, the experience can be. In this case it was because it was a "raised doughnut" (Blogger doesn't like when I spell it like Homer Simpson).

Anyhow,  I feel more winter eating coming on, less exercise. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm going to try and enjoy it.

I think what will help is taking some lunch walks and using the Pearlcream method. Ms. Pearlcream swears by this thing called "being rational". You eat what would be a normal, healthy portion. And then (get this ....) you stop. I know!!! She's so crazy you have to adore her! Her "trick" is to wait 15 minutes, maybe get up and move around a little. If you are still hungry, go ahead have a little more. It's nutso, but it works. And there are enough times when I get up during those 15 minutes I can "feel" the entirety of what I've swallowed down my gullet. It helps prevent me from eating more.

What's next? Maybe a lunch time walk for Stichmarkers and Softserve with Hot Fudge? Damn that sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment