Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Status

1. There is no tree in the flat. I repeat NO TREE. All Christmas decorations remain IN the storage.
The Why: Because It means really looking at the layout of my living room and that is just down right depressing, since it is in a new state of chaos never before reached. Also it means that arranging a layout that would allow me to purchase the grown-up couch of my dreams is even further away. Woe are my wealth(y) of problems.

2. The Kid's present is one of those "hard to find" items. I swear that little turd waited a really long time to decide (indecision runs in the family) and then he wants something that makes me feel like I'm going to become one of those people in the movies that throw people a shoulder in the toy aisle. I won't of course, but I'll use all the online powers I have and possibly ask some family members to hit some stores near them.
The Why: ToysRUs Online inventory and instore pick up process ... need improvement. If you're down to the wire, every day counts. One would like to know, if I can't get it THERE, then I need to get it somewhere else, STAT. The store had my order listed as cancelled because it was out of stock. I did not get an email until 12 hours later. Pathetic. BTW -- their in-store pick up policy says it's usually processed from online within 2 hrs. hmm.

3. What about my presents -- you know ME and MY Materialistic needs.
The Why: I wanted to give myself the gift of knitting crap because after having my Paloma stolen out of the car AND my emailed links of the Yarnharlot's gifts for knitters ignored, I have to take matters into my own hands. My own, very dry, knitting hands. However it's just me, so I have to be last on the list.

4. We are going to end up with a lot of people at our house on Christmas Eve. I can feel it.
The Why: See item #1.

5. There are still way too many things outstanding. Gifts that aren't purchased or mailed, cards and photos that need to be sent.
The Why: The work, the knitting, See item #1, The good parent stuff, The lazy beast inside ...

Where is my holiday spirit? It's feeling inadequate and that just won't do. I better make some happy faces, because I don't want to feed The Manfriend's natural proclivity to being a Scrooge or a Grinch. I don't want to bring the household down. A little clean, a little list, a little more time blocked out for ho ho hoing ... It can be done. Oh yeah then I need to get a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment