Sunday, December 23, 2012

Winter break begins

I requested the week of Christmas off. The entire week before I was antsy pantsy excited.

Excited to knit, bake, have our parents over for a Christmas eve meal, to take The Kid to stay up in the snow for the first time.

I am grateful for all the things I am excited and busy for.

I wanted to do something that really kicked off that spirit. And I know I had a ton of prep work I could chip away at. I knew he'd love to hang out with his pals. I was selfish.

I made it a mom and son day. We went to see The Rise of the Guardians with junk food. Don't report my fake buttered popcorn and chicken tender feeding to the SF Progressive Parents movement. Then we went ice skating at the nearby Yerba Buena rink. There are 2 outdoor rinks up in the city for the holidays. But it was rainy and The Kid said there's more space indoors.

Anyhow skating was such a hoot we want to go back next week. Maybe we'll try it outdoors then.

Meantime we will continue making Merry.


No comments:

Post a Comment