Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Smiley Things so far this week.


  1. The indulgent LARGE latte I ordered before getting into the office on Tuesday. It was a spitty morning in San Francisco, and the coffee was the perfect morning hug. A foamy, creamy, toasty and roasty way to begin the day.
  2. The barrette I stuck in my hair this morning had HM tell me I looked "younger" today. This is all in reaction to showering the night before because my son decided it would improve his chances of being on time to school. (Not that we are late all the time, but enough for all parties to be concerned.) By showering the night before, I slept on wet hair, which meant I had muppet hair this morning. Thus the barrette. Boring things often do great things.
  3. Soccer Blogs http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1490841_manchester-city-fan-8-year-old-megan-lifts-the-gloom-for-roberto-mancini-with-packet-of-fruit-pastilles
  4.  Local columns A pigeon hunting bird called, "Bruce Lee".
  5. The importance of a good pair of sunglasses: Seriously how cute is this?
  6. Rediscovering the Bubbles Baby Blanket crochet pattern. I have a large stash of some Fiesta grey-colored Red Heart yarn that I'm looking at with a good "Now what?" expression. I started using some of it for the Baby Chalice blanket but it doesn't feel right. But for some reason I can't get myself to donate it away. I made a different couch afghan with similar yarn and the whole family is still happy with it. I think it's time to frog the Chalice and find another yarn to try it with. I will give the Red Heart another chance with maybe the Bubbles crochet blanket.


No comments:

Post a Comment